Race Day- Thanksgiving Day (Nov. 28)
Can’t join us race day? Join our Virtual Run!
Sign up for the Virtual Run and choose your distance. Run in any location on Thanksgiving and we will mail you an official Riverside Turkey Trot t-shirt and medal. This is a great way to stay connected with friends and family on Thanksgiving. Don’t miss out on the fun!
Please note: All registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. The event will take place RAIN or SHINE.
Race Day Timeline
- 6:00am Race Day Registration Opens
- 7:00am 15K Start
- 8:45am 5K Start
- 9:30am Kids Fun Run Starts (un-timed)
- 9:35am Trotters 1 Mile Walk (un-timed)
- 9:45am Costume Contest and Awards Ceremony
- 9:45-11am Post Race Party
Fairmount Park, Riverside
2601 Fairmount Blvd, Riverside, CA 92501
We strongly encourage carpooling. Race morning will be very busy. All parking is free and available in Fairmount Park at the following locations:
- Main Lot- Locust Street
- Dexter Dr. and Redwood Dr.
- Redwood Dr. and Banks Dr.
- Overflow Parking on Dexter Dr.
- Bowling Green Dr.
- Dexter Dr. in front of Golf Course
- CA National Guard Armory- 2501 Fairmount Blvd.
- Street/ Neighborhood parking
Race Distances for Big Turkeys:
The event features two distances:
- 15K (9.3 miles)
- 5K (3.1 miles)
- Trotter’s 1 Mile Walk- don’t feel like running but would like to participate? Join us for an un-timed one mile walk. This category is open to all ages and is recommended for families with small children.
- Walk participants receive a bib and commemorative t-shirt.
- Walk participants do not receive a finishers medal or qualify for the Legacy program.
The course starts and finishes at Fairmount Park and weaves through the historic streets of downtown Riverside. A large portion of the 15K course (approx. 6 miles) will take place along the Santa Ana River Trail.
Strollers are allowed on the 5K course only. Strollers will not be permitted on the 15K course route due to safety precautions.
Race Distance for Little Turkeys:
The Kids Fun Run will be an un-timed 1 mile run around Fairmount Park. There will be cyclists leading the children and following the last participant. Parents are allowed to accompany children 5 and under. Families who wish to participate and receive a medal and t-shirt are encouraged to sign up for the Trotters 1 Mile walk.
Click here for course maps!